Effective Date: June 1st , 2018
Last Updated: October 1st, 2018
We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy, and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as by adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). Please check this page when you access the services to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, write a review, respond to a survey, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, interact with us via chat, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number and any other information you choose to provide.
A Note about Customer Reviews
Information We Collect from Other Sources
If you create or log into your account through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, user ID, account information, information that you have made public, and friends lists, according to the social media site’s data practices and your privacy settings on that social media site.
We may also collect demographic information about you from third parties, including data brokers, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. We may also receive information about you from our business partners, such as those companies who have created an account with us as Accredited Members. This information may include name, city, state, email address, phone number, and order number or account number.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, application version, access times, pages viewed, time spent on pages, clicks, website technical errors, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies, pixels and local storage, implemented either by us or a third party. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count site visits. Pixels are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and ad campaign effectiveness. Local shared objects are stored on your device and used to provide video or animation or collect information for analytics. For more information about cookies and trackers and how to disable them, please visit “Your Choices” below or our Cookies Policy
How we use information:
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our services. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by 24-7HomeSecurity and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of 24-7HomeSecurity and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry-out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How we share information:
- We may share information we receive about you with our service providers who need access to such information to provide services to us on our behalf.
- We may share consumer reviews we receive from you with the companies that are the subject of the review and with our affiliates or other entities with whom we have a business relationship. These entities may post these reviews on their respective websites.
- We may also share information (including your first name and, in some cases, your email address) from comments that you have posted on our web site, forms you have filled out, and other submissions, with our business partners, who may use those submissions for analysis and marketing purposes.
- We may disclose information if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so to comply with the law or legal process, such as in response to subpoenas, courts orders, or requests by government authorities, law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may also disclose information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of 24-7HomeSecurity or others.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, or during related negotiations, we may share user information.
- We may share information between and among 24-7HomeSecurity and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control or ownership.
- We may share your information when we otherwise have your permission.
Online analytics and tailored advertising:
This information may be used by us and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Services and other websites, and better understand your online activity.
For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes. To opt-out of cookies or other trackers, please see “Your Choices” below or visit our Cookies Policy
We use reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the United States:
The Services are hosted in the United States. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Your European Union Privacy Rights:
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the Services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- You have provided consent for us to process your personal data.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Complaints
If you are in the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Information access and account cancellation
If you wish to deactivate your account or request that we no longer use your information, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Cookies and Trackers
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies, although some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, but that may affect your ability to view images in other email that you receive. Please see the Adobe website for comprehensive information on how to delete or disable local shared objects known as Flash cookies. Also, this site uses Google Analytics. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads.
You may also visit the following sites to opt out of behavioral advertising: http://networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. For more information about cookies and trackers, please visit our Cookies Policy
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from 24-7HomeSecurity.com by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us as noted below. To opt out of receiving text messages from 24-7HomeSecurity.com at any time, text STOP to the short code from which the text message was sent to the enrolled mobile device. A confirmation message of your opt out will be sent to your mobile number but no additional messages will be sent to you unless you opt in again. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us as noted below.
5th Floor 80 Broad Street, New York, NY, 10004